Frequently Asked Questions
What types of services are offered at The Laser Institute of Pinehurst?
Spa services include, but are not limited to: Facials, waxing, microdermabrasion, lash extensions, eyebrow and eyelash tinting.
Whether you are interested in treatments for mature skin, acne, rosacea, facial vessels, hair removal or more, we offer a variety of treatments for men and women and for all your skin care needs.
Our staff can guide you through a selection of skin care products and sunscreens for all types of skin. Product can be purchased in the office and on-line.
What laser treatments are right for me?
Is Botox right for me?
Botox is not just for cosmetic use but also for Excessive Sweating. To avoid embarrassing wetness, it can be used any-where bothersome perspiration is present.
What is a liquid facelift?
Your well-being is of utmost importance to everyone here at The Laser Institute of Pinehurst. To alleviate any pain during your filler treatment, topical and injectable anesthesia is used to minimize discomfort.
All it takes is a complimentary consultation to begin your journey today to regain your radiant and confident appearance.
What are questions that I should ask when choosing a Med-Spa and laser treatment facility?
- Who will perform the laser treatment? Only physicians and supervised certified medical professionals should be performing laser treatments.
- What are the qualifications and experience of the person performing the treatment? Qualified technicians should have completed laser training courses which have covered physics, laser safety and indications for laser treatments. In addition, laser technicians should have undergone a period of direct supervision by a physician during their extensive laser training.
- How long has the center been in business? The amount of time the center has been in business is a reflection of its commitment and dedication to its patients and community. In general, businesses that have survived 5 – 6 years or longer in one location have proven themselves to their community and the community has had time to evaluate that business.
Visit the center, meet with the physician and staff, and after your tour of the facility, ask yourself:
- Am I comfortable with the physician and staff?
- Was the staff friendly, professional and confident?
- Were my medical questions answered in a way that was easy to understand?
- Was the facility neat and clean?
- And again, am I comfortable here?
Is laser treatment affordable?
Are laser treatments painful?
What should I do to maintain the health of my skin?
Scheduling regular facials with a medically supervised, experienced aesthetician will not only provide you with extensive cleansing but also provide you with guidance as to what procedures you should have in the future.
Chemical peels, microdermabrasion, mineral make-up, Laser Facials and Photo-facials can all be part of a maintenance program for your skin.
How can I learn more about laser treatments, injectables, and skin care?
At The Laser Institute of Pinehurst we are firm believers in educating our staff and our patients. Not only do our patients enjoy regular educational classes but so does the staff. Our staff is required to attend industry seminars and attend regular classes throughout the year. Training is on-going here and seminars are scheduled through-out the month at our facility.
Patients can also obtain information on the following websites:
For more information on what procedures are right for you,
Contact The Laser Institute of Pinehurst to schedule your No-Obligation Consultation.
Ofelia Melley, M.D.